Distracted Driving: Are You Driving Under the Influence of Your Phone?
- In 2014, 3,179 people were killed and 431,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers.
- Drivers in their 20’s are 23% of drivers in all fatal crashes, but are 27% of the distracted drivers and 38% of the distracted drivers who were using cell phones in fatal crashes. (NHTSA)
- Replying to a text message while driving 55 MPH is like driving blindfolded the length of a football field.
Preparing Your Home for Vacation So You Can Relax and Enjoy Your Vacation
- Make sure all appliances are turned off.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed or snow shoveled.
- Have mail and newspaper held.
- Set timers on indoor lights.
- Let a trusted neighbor know you will be away.
- Unplug TV’s, computers, and appliances susceptible to lighting and power surges.
- Do not leave your house key hidden outside your home.
- Always wear your seat belts and insist your passengers do as well. A non-restrained passenger can seriously injure others in the car.
- Never slip the diagonal belt behind your body. The lap belt alone cannot prevent you from being thrown forward or out of the vehicle. Use your lap belt at all times. Without this restraint your body would be thrown under the diagonal belt and into the dashboard or steering wheel.
Coverage in all areas including the Lehigh Valley against FLOOD is not covered under your Homeowners Insurance Policy. Flood insurance can be obtained through the National Flood Insurance Program or through a company authorized to write Flood Insurance. All Policies have a 30-day waiting period before they take effect. Homeowners, condo owners and renters are eligible for Flood Insurance. Flood policies do not provide coverage as comprehensive as your Homeowner policies. Basement improvements are not covered. Additional information can be obtained online at www.fema.gov or 1-800- 225-5356.
The economy has played havoc with the market value of homes. Be sure to insure your home based on reconstruction costs. Market Value is not a true indicator of replacement value. Rebuilding a home has additional costs from new construction or remodeling.
Contact us for a review.
A General Liability policy does not provide coverage for your tools. Specific tool coverage must be purchased to cover your tools while on the job, on your truck, or wherever you store your tools.
Questions? Contact us.